The Advisory Group for the Equal Media and Culture Centre for Scotland brings together diverse expertise from across Scotland's media and cultural sectors.
With their collective knowledge and experience, the group is committed to fostering equality in creative and innovative ways and plays a pivotal role in shaping the Centre's activities and initiatives.
- Dr Diljeet Bhachu – Equality, Diversity & Inclusion Officer, the Musicians’ Union
- Karen Boyle – Professor of Feminist Media Studies at Strathclyde University
- Megan Gordon – External Affairs Officer, Scottish Women’s Aid
- Dr Margaret Hughes – Chair, Association for Journalism Education
- Maureen McGonigle – CEO of Scottish Women in Sport
- Arusa Qureshi – Writer, Editor and Music Industry Professional
- Claire Thomson – Communications Manager at Rape Crisis Scotland
- Talat Yaqoob – FRSE, Consultant, Writer and Campaigner
- Jo Zawadzka – Campaigns and Engagement Officer, Zero Tolerance
With standing spots for representatives from:
- Women in Journalism Scotland
- Glasgow Women’s Library
The Group meets quarterly.
Sign up to our mailing list
Sign up to receive updates on EMCC events, opportunities, and our latest reports, straight to your inbox: